Monday, February 14, 2011

"Take away love, and our earth is a tomb." --Robert Browning


First off let me thank everyone for checking in to read the very 1st blog ever of Lovelution, and what better day to launch the blog of love on the day of love. Make no mistake about it, I’m no fool and I fully understand this day like most holidays is but a marketing stint to boost retail sales and our economy.  So while we are discussing my beliefs, another thing I believe in is love, strongly and whole heartedly, and if Valentine’s day stands for taking the day to celebrate it, than I’m in it. Love is the most organic, effortless, positive human emotion. It’s all around us and should be habitually celebrated.
In a city where people are too busy to look for love let alone celebrate it on a daily basis, why not start at the basics. Start it today, V-day and expand from it.  If you’re in a relationship, husband and wife, boyfriend and girlfriend, or just started dating someone who’s got potential, make them your valentine.
Gents reading, show her how highly you esteem her, make this day hers. Take her on a date, surprise her with a heartfelt gift that shows you cared enough to make this day hers.  I’m not saying buy the whole jewelry floor at Tiffany’s, but give what you can, because that’s what love is about… giving. If your single, and you don’t foresee yourself having a valentine’s to call your own, solution to your problem…. Go out and get one.
Love is all around us and comes in all shapes and forms, romantic, platonic, unconditional so ask your mom or dad to be your valentine, your brother or sister, your best friend. I say celebrate it as a day to say “Hey Ma just want to let you know on this day, I love you” or “Roomie, I love you, and thanks for listening to me bitch and moan about the scrubs I’ve been dating this year.” If you have a beat in your heart, than you’ve got love, and its there to be given. If not for the sake of your loved one’s, than for yours.  
"Take away love, and our earth is a tomb." --Robert Browning

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if my last post went through... but what I said was: I love it! You cracked me up as usual! Best line (because I can hear you saying it): “Roomie, I love you, and thanks for listening to me bitch and moan about the scrubs I’ve been dating this year.” You have inspired me to find a valentine. :) Love the blog... xoxoxoxxo D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff my dear. I truly agree that LOVE is (and I will quote you) "the most organic, effortless, positive human emotion." Oh so right you are. I can't wait to read your next blog postings. And just so you know, even though I am not in NYC, You are definitely my Valentine's. ;-)

    ReplyDelete